Voice control frequently stops responding Mac studio

I use voice control all day every day. It frequently stops responding to my dictation on a Mac studio M2 max sonoma 14.4.1. I must go to settings and toggle it off and then back on before it responds again. At some point in the near future it will stop responding again. Terribly tiresome. I'm sure I've got plenty of processing power, 64 GB of memory, and 2 TB of free storage space. Any ideas?

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on May 14, 2024 6:24 PM

1 reply

Jun 18, 2024 8:59 AM in response to ctc123

I have the same problem - using a MacBook Air M1 running OS Sonoma 14.5.

The only way I can get it to work is to restart the Mac.

Until recently, this temporary fix would last several weeks or even months until it happened again.

But over the last 2 months, it only fixes the issue for a few days until I have to restart again.

It is incredibly frustrating as I use dictation all the time for texts, emails, Pages docs, typing into web forms etc.

I will log (yet another) bug report with Apple Feedback and suggest that you and anyone else reading this does the same. It's the only way we can build enough of a case for the engineers to find the time and the will to fix it permanently.

Voice control frequently stops responding Mac studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.