Why can I still see a Hotspot after forgetting it?

Ok, I split with a partner and I see this 'personal hotspot' showing like.. 247. I press forget network and it is still visible. I know 100% certain that I am not near this person.

Also, if its their hotspot, why do I see their battery health and signal etc? I never see that whenever I connect to other people's hotspots.

How do I get rid of this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 15, 2024 7:01 AM

8 replies

May 15, 2024 7:13 AM in response to JuliusSeizureX

JuliusSeizureX wrote:

Ok, I split with a partner and I see this 'personal hotspot' showing like.. 247. I press forget network and it is still visible. I know 100% certain that I am not near this person.

Also, if its their hotspot, why do I see their battery health and signal etc? I never see that whenever I connect to other people's hotspots.

How do I get rid of this?

Are you sharing an Apple ID with someone?

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

May 15, 2024 7:28 AM in response to JuliusSeizureX

JuliusSeizureX wrote:

I was sharing Apple ID with an ex for FindMyiPhone, but I don't have findmyiphone or anything on anymore... Does this personal hotspot mean they're logged in to my apple ID?

You shouldn't be sharing an Apple ID with anyone. It's not required that you do so for FindMyIPhone. You can check what devices are signed into your Apple ID using the instructions at the link I provided above. If your ex is using your Apple ID, you can remove the device from your Apple ID.

Change your Apple ID password.

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you are still on good terms with your ex, you should let them know that they need to set up their own Apple ID and give them the opportunity to sign out of your Apple ID on their phone before you make the change.

How to “unshare” an Apple ID - Apple Community

ETA: we both posted at the same time. Try going to Settings>General>Transfer or Reset>Reset Network Settings and reseting them. Them only thing you'll lose is saved WiFi passwords.

Why can I still see a Hotspot after forgetting it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.