Problem only with apartment wifi, MacBook mail hotmail account - "unable to verify account name or password"

I've got a work apartment in Trinidad & Tobago, and the internet is decent, FLOW is the provider. Everywhere else on wifi (and on cel data) I have no issue but here, MacBook mail Hotmail account constantly requests my password then - "unable to verify account name or password" If I restart my computer I can get access to my Hotmail for awhile then it kicks me out again. All other email accounts work fine (gmail, iCloud, etc). Any settings in my computer that I can adjust to fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 15, 2024 7:34 AM

1 reply

May 19, 2024 11:34 AM in response to darcyhoover

darcyhoover wrote:

I've got a work apartment in Trinidad & Tobago, and the internet is decent, FLOW is the provider. Everywhere else on wifi (and on cel data) I have no issue but here, MacBook mail Hotmail account constantly requests my password then - "unable to verify account name or password" If I restart my computer I can get access to my Hotmail for awhile then it kicks me out again. All other email accounts work fine (gmail, iCloud, etc). Any settings in my computer that I can adjust to fix this?

You can try signing out and back in again...

You can delete the account and add it back, use "Other" option...

For problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account(s) from the Mail.app, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

ref: Email Microsoft support about Hotmail

Do you support Hotmail, MSN, and Live?-Microsoft Support

Problem only with apartment wifi, MacBook mail hotmail account - "unable to verify account name or password"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.