LaserJet 100 color MFP M175nw

Hello all

I own this HP LaserJet 100 color MFP M175nw, but I have never had it run on an iMac 27" 2019 OS 14.5. I downloaded software from the HP site but it is already a bit outdated for System 10.15. HP Easy Start and HP Easy Admin, but unfortunately the software does not continue with the installation, does not recognize the USB connection and does not see the LaserJet. Is there a solution for this? Has anyone tried something like this? It would be great if it could work on Sonoma.

Sincerely

Pieter

iMac 27″, macOS 14.5

Posted on May 16, 2024 8:42 AM

2 replies

May 16, 2024 10:07 AM in response to peng40

I am sorry you are having printer problems. If you will bear with me, I will offer some things to consider. Whenever we install an operating system upgrade or some OS updates, printers and scanners will often stop working. Then, a new OS compliant printer software must be installed. What you can do is to thoroughly check the HP web site for an updated driver that works with your installed version of Sonoma. If one is not available, then you should ask when one will be released. If that doesn't work, if the Printer has the Air Print feature, that can be used and no driver will be needed. If not, then you can check the respected web site below where volunteers write free drivers for older printers which are no longer supported, but which work with newer operating systems. It is worth checking out. Good luck.

Gutenprint Supported Printers

May 16, 2024 11:38 AM in response to peng40

In addition to a standard USB connection, the printer has an Ethernet port as well as Wi-Fi-compatibility so you can print from anywhere on your network instead of purchasing a printer for each computer. Additionally, the printer works with Apple's AirPrint so you can wirelessly print from a Mac.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Activating-AirPrint-on-LaserJet-100-MFP-M175nw/td-p/6821514

LaserJet 100 color MFP M175nw

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.