How to automatically scroll to the bottom in Apple Mail on MacBook Pro

I use a 43" monitor with my MacBook Pro M1 because of the increased screen real estate. When working in Apple Mail, I have all of my mailboxes set to view by date with the oldest message at the top, so I'm not constantly craning my neck to see the most recent message at the top of the screen if it were sorted by newest message at the top. But whenever I open any given mailbox, Mail always defaults to scrolling all the way to the top, showing the oldest message. I know I can hit the End button on my keyboard to go to the bottom, but is there a way to set Mail to automatically scroll to the bottom?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 16, 2024 11:06 AM

2 replies

May 18, 2024 1:24 PM in response to ThomaStudios

ThomaStudios wrote:

I use a 43" monitor with my MacBook Pro M1 because of the increased screen real estate. When working in Apple Mail, I have all of my mailboxes set to view by date with the oldest message at the top, so I'm not constantly craning my neck to see the most recent message at the top of the screen if it were sorted by newest message at the top. But whenever I open any given mailbox, Mail always defaults to scrolling all the way to the top, showing the oldest message. I know I can hit the End button on my keyboard to go to the bottom, but is there a way to set Mail to automatically scroll to the bottom?

To be proactive you can submit your Apple Feedback direct to the Product Team, here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/mail.html

How to automatically scroll to the bottom in Apple Mail on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.