BetterMe subscription scam …unauthorized charge on my credit card!

I recently traded in my Samsung Android smartphone for a new IPhone.

I now have an unauthorized charge on my credit card for a subscription to Better Me app, which apparently is a scam via your Apple Store!

I want this cancelled immediately, and expect a refund for two charges of $38.95 each !

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on May 17, 2024 6:38 PM

3 replies

May 17, 2024 7:07 PM in response to Aspenoza

That app tries to get you to sign up on their website, sometimes with a free trial, and when signing up for a subscription on any website it will need to be cancelled and disputed on the website. A website subscription avoids Apple's payment processing and the subscription will not show on your device as a subscription that can be cancelled through Apple. You can use this link to determine if the purchase/subscription was made using an in-app purchase. You can view subscriptions, purchase history, cancel subscriptions, and even request a refund if it was made in-app.

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

There are apps in both the App Store and Google Play store that also have websites that users can subscribe to.

For example, Netflix has an app on both stores, but you can only subscribe for the service on their website and cancelling must be done on there as well. They do this to avoid the processing fees from the stores and also to make it so you cannot cancel the subscriptions by using the normal method when making an in-app purchase in the app.

If you are unable to resolve the matter with BetterMe on their website and it is not available in your purchase history on your device, you can still dispute the charge on your card just like you would with any other fraudulent charge.

Even looking on the Google Play store you will see these same complaints if you sort by 1 start reviews to weed out the fake ones.

BetterMe subscription scam …unauthorized charge on my credit card!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.