Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I retrieve app password on iPhone

How can I view view a password in an app on my iPhone. Pervious solution says go to setting and click on Password and accounts and there is no such an option. There is only the password option and the app passwords are not saved in there. How can I get the password within an app that includes it's own user ID and password?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 18, 2024 3:48 AM

2 replies

May 18, 2024 4:36 AM in response to Jimi.Yekrang

Retrieving App Passwords on iPhone

While iOS settings don't directly show app-specific passwords anymore, there are ways to access them or the information they protect:

• Keychain for Apps with Web Logins: If the app has a web counterpart (where you can also log in using a browser), its password might be stored in the iPhone's Keychain. You can access Keychain through Settings > Passwords & Accounts. This applies to most apps these days.
  • Password Reset: Many apps offer built-in password reset functionality. Look for a "Forgot Password" or similar option on the login screen or within the app's settings. This will usually send password reset instructions to your registered email address.
  • Contact App Developer: If the app lacks a web presence or password reset option, and it's not in your password manager, contacting the app developer might be your best bet. They might be able to help you recover your password or reset it.

How do I retrieve app password on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.