Guitar signal constant latency

Hello,

So I have this issue of my guitar signal getting latency out of nowhere. It happens when I'm practicing guitar through Scarlett 2i2 with Logic Pro. I'm hearing myself through Input monitoring, and everything's fine, then out of nowhere, I play a note on my guitar, and there is latency coming from the speaker of my Macbook.

Usually, I re-choose the Input device or I/O Buffer size, and it comes back to normal. But since yesterday, the latency issue is constantly coming back.

So, here's how my latest guitar practice session ended.

I was connected, and I was hearing myself fine. I was copying this song on Youtube. I played the song on Youtube, and then I paused the song to copy the lick. It was then, the latency showed out of nowhere. I had to go to System preference, and re-choose buffer size. It went back to normal. But 2 minutes later, the same issue happened again, and about 10 more times for the next 10 minutes, until I rage quit the session.

It looks like a bug to me, because I've asked this question before, and no one seemed to know the answer. But my god, I can't continue practicing like this.

Is there a customer service that I can reach for this? Or is there a simple solution that I can take on my own to maybe clear up some dirt that are in my computer system that might be causing this?

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on May 18, 2024 7:06 AM

1 reply

Guitar signal constant latency

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.