Sonoma won't use my photo album as rotating wallpaper

I've correctly selected a photo album that I'd like to use as my wallpaper. Individual photos load just fine, but if I select the album to rotate, it just jumps back to the Sonoma default wallpaper. So frustrated! I'm up to date on 14.1.1

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 18, 2024 9:13 AM

3 replies

May 19, 2024 5:47 AM in response to leroydouglas

I am running Sonoma 14.5 on an imac, (the latest update) and also have a problem with my personal wallpaper choices. I have a sepeperate wallpaper folder, and would like the wallpaper to change every day on login. The wallpapers only update every day if I choose "random" order, which, as many have noted, is not truly random, but the same few over and over. HOW can I get this to work as I desire? WHY is this a problem? This used to work fine. HELP!

May 18, 2024 10:00 AM in response to AFLLthrman

AFLLthrman wrote:

I've correctly selected a photo album that I'd like to use as my wallpaper. Individual photos load just fine, but if I select the album to rotate, it just jumps back to the Sonoma default wallpaper. So frustrated! I'm up to date on 14.1.1

The current stable release of Sonoma including bug fixes, security updates is macOS 14.5 — I would start there

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Sonoma won't use my photo album as rotating wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.