After updating to 15.8.2 I am no longer getting notifications from third-party apps

After updating to iOS 15.8.2 I am experiencing a HUGE problem. I do not receive any notifications from the messengers like WhatsApp, Viber, or Telegram in the Lock Screen on my iPhone SE (1st gen). The only way to operate is to be IN an App. All on/off features in Notification, Focus, app's Settings, etc were double checked. How can I downgrade to iOS 15.8 or earlier.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 18, 2024 4:05 PM

5 replies

May 25, 2024 1:39 PM in response to alxby

Same problem With notifications and phone calls after the 15.8.2 version installed. Apple, please fix this bug. This is not OK. Upgrade was not adequately tested prior to distributing as auto update. No notice was given to us that this version would wreak havoc with so many apps on our phones. Had noticed been given I would not have accepted this install. These upgraded versions are supposed to help iPhone users – not create huge problems. Please fix this bug ASAP.

PS- Restarting phone does nothing. Have restarted multiple times. I turn phone off overnight every night.

May 25, 2024 1:46 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I had the same problem and restarting my phone multiple times does nothing. I shut my phone off every night for overnight and turn on morning. APPLE needs to fix this 15.8.2 version bug ASAP. None of my non-Apple messaging/phone apps have notifications nor phone ringing when calls made.including What's App and Snikket. Is there anyone from APPLE monitoring this discussion? If so, Please reply. If not then how do we report this problem to APPLE?

After updating to 15.8.2 I am no longer getting notifications from third-party apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.