Clipboard is stuck on old saved link

OK this is weird - When I Cut & Paste (say doing a Shift+Cmd+Ctrl+4 - MacOS 14.2.1) into various apps, it pastes in an old link I once pasted - a link to a Facebook Marketplace post! So I do the above screenshot of something, go into Notes, or Messages, or a Google doc, and it pastes in the old link! If I try screenshotting a second time, then it works. I haven't exactly figured out the pattern, but I'll be working or texting and just Cmd+C or screenshot then Cmd+V into a text and... the old link!

When I look in Finder > Edit > Show Clipboard... there it is. The old link. I've tried restarting, force quitting pboard in Activities monitor, etc. Nothing works, that old link will still show up when I paste unless I try a second time.

Any ideas??

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 19, 2024 7:41 AM

5 replies

May 19, 2024 8:33 AM in response to jh2336

jh2336 wrote:

OK this is weird - When I Cut & Paste (say doing a Shift+Cmd+Ctrl+4 - MacOS 14.2.1) into various apps, it pastes in an old link I once pasted - a link to a Facebook Marketplace post! So I do the above screenshot of something, go into Notes, or Messages, or a Google doc, and it pastes in the old link! If I try screenshotting a second time, then it works. I haven't exactly figured out the pattern, but I'll be working or texting and just Cmd+C or screenshot then Cmd+V into a text and... the old link!

When I look in Finder > Edit > Show Clipboard... there it is. The old link. I've tried restarting, force quitting pboard in Activities monitor, etc. Nothing works, that old link will still show up when I paste unless I try a second time.

Any ideas??

To copy a URL ( link )

Highlight the entire url then Command + C

To verify that this does or doesn't not work

I have use Command and Highlighted the entire URL to your question

Command + C

Clipboard is stuck on old saved link - Apple Community

Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac

Clipboard is stuck on old saved link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.