iMovie: How do I cull from events

I've imported a lot of clips into ten events. I haven't decided on a structure for the film yet, but I'd now like to go through those events and cull just selected pieces from the best shots into one place. It's too early for me to drag them into the timeline .... I'd like to create maybe three more events and copy culled shots into them. How do I do that?

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on May 19, 2024 11:58 AM

1 reply

May 19, 2024 6:21 PM in response to Roger Barre

Hi,

You can move clips from event to another by dragging the clips. To copy the clip, instead of move, hold down the option key while dragging. Below is a screen shot of the Apple online help menu re organizing and managing clips.

Copy or move clips between events

1. In the Libraries list, select the event that contains the clips you want to move or copy.
  2. In the browser, select the clips you want to move or copy.

3. Tip: To select multiple clips, hold down the Command key as you click the clips you want to select, or drag a selection rectangle around the clips.
  4. Do one of the following:
    • Move clips between events: Drag the selected clips from one event to the other.
    • Copy clips between events: Option-drag the selected clips from one event to the other by first starting to drag and then holding down the Option key as you drag.
  1. Note: If you drag clips from the browser with your project selected below Project Media in the sidebar, the clips are copied to the destination event.

-- Rich

iMovie: How do I cull from events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.