Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Numbers app CRASHES ALL THE TIME

The Numbers app is a terrific tool; however, it crashes with concerning frequency both at inopportune times and secondary to the use of innocuous functions, i.e. changing text alignment.

This problem has persisted for the last 12+ months with no improvement despite a "report" being sent to Apple following each crash. By now, Apple has probably received 40+ reports from me alone. I much prefer Numbers to Microsoft Excel, but the behavior of this application is significantly more temperamental and unpredictable, which I do not appreciate.

I have searched to find a solution for this but have not found one. There does not appear to be a setting or other parameter I can change to enable full function of the software without it crashing. Consequently, EVERY table in my files has text that is centered and any attempt I make to change it from being centered causes the app to crash, generate a "report", and reopen.

Any advice on how to find a better relationship with Numbers would be appreciated, and any update on how Apple is working to improve the user interface with this application would be equally appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 19, 2024 12:55 PM

2 replies

Numbers app CRASHES ALL THE TIME

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.