Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Mac Photos App changed imported Videos from PM to AM

Hi,

As mentioned in the title, whenever I import videos from the Photos app on my iPhone, some videos will have their time changed from PM to AM. This happens to certain number of videos, but not all of them. I double checked and the video times on the iPhone's photos app are correct. It is incredibly frustrating as renaming name will no longer be sequential according to the actual time they are taken.

Has anyone experienced this issue? And if so, how should I get around this bug?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.5

Posted on May 19, 2024 2:16 PM

3 replies

May 23, 2024 7:08 AM in response to iLachy

Hmm. Often, the first things we try to narrow the possibilities are these:

• Restart the computer (of course)
  • Re-start in Safe Mode. This bypasses certain potentially disruptive processes. Safe Mode is different for different computers, so see this: 

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support 

• Use another library if you have one, or make a small test Library with a few pictures in it and see if the same thing happens. You can create a new Library by closing Photos and then option-clicking on the Photos icon.
  • Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it

The idea is to find out if the problem is with the Library, with your account, or with caches and login items, and stuff like that. One of these steps may fix the problem, but their failure to work also helps figure out what's happening.

Let us know if you find anything....

May 20, 2024 8:06 AM in response to iLachy

Seems pretty odd. How are these videos "imported?" Do you use iCloud? Do you use File>Import? or what?

Does this happen to still pictures? Can you see a pattern with the videos, like order of import, which you may be able to see in the Imports folder, depending on your method. Or maybe file size, or frame rate?

What phone? OS? Any changes from AM to PM? What time zone do the pictures indicate?

May 23, 2024 6:57 AM in response to Richard.Taylor

The photos are imported from iPhone via the cable.

I haven’t tested with photos but I have asked Apple support about it. They can’t reproduce it so might be something on my end. My secondary Mac which is an Intel 2020 13” imported the video just fine for some reason…

It’s an iPhone 13 Pro on the latest iOS update (I always keep them up to date).

Mac Photos App changed imported Videos from PM to AM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.