Instructions say to turn vision pro ON by pressing left button until Apple logo appears. This does not work.

Apple support provided a work-around but has no explanation for why button does not work per spec.

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on May 19, 2024 3:31 PM

6 replies

May 20, 2024 10:34 AM in response to kenuss

I was curious, so I searched for the "official" Apple instructions. They "cover the bases" and assume you don't have the battery attached (eye-roll):

1. Connect the battery to Apple Vision Pro. When you hear a tone, it’s ready to wear. See Connect the battery to Apple Vision Pro.
  2. If you connect the battery and you don’t hear a tone after 30-45 seconds, press and hold the top button for a few seconds to turn on your Apple Vision Pro.

Despite what the "Genius" said, Apple doesn't say to "hold it until the Apple Logo appears." Like you, I seldom want to detach the battery and haven't done so in over two months.

Turn on and set up Apple Vision Pro - Apple Support

May 20, 2024 10:11 AM in response to David Strait

If i hold the button that long the device goes into “recovery mode.” The 2d apple genius to try to solve this said he just disconnects the battery every time. But power cable failure has plagued many apply products and has been an expensive issue for devices w proprietary (or permanent) power cords (a failed battery cable on vision is $200!). If apple thinks the power on instructions are wrong, why dont they change them. I cant imagine (well yes i can) that they release hugely complicated and expensive product and dont bother to provide correct information on how to turn it on!?!?!

May 20, 2024 10:00 AM in response to kenuss

I also thought this at first... just press the button for a couple seconds and release.... don't keep holding it down. Then wait for it to boot up. It takes a while (~30 seconds?).

I usually press the button a minute of so before I put it on so I don't have to wait "in the dark" while it boots. I think it turns off if you wait too long, though. I also suggest using Siri to shut down (Siri... shut down). Using Siri to restart is also good, if you are experiencing problems.

Instructions say to turn vision pro ON by pressing left button until Apple logo appears. This does not work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.