Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Adobe Acrobat crashes when trying to print a webpage as a PDF

My Go-To browser is Safari. For years, I have saved website pages as PDFs using ADOBE acrobat. Now, I find that Safari crashes when I try do this. I tried doing the same thing using Firefox and it WAS successful!

Is there I can do to stop this behavior? Some Safari setting? Thank you for any advice you can offer!

Mac mini, macOS 14.5

Posted on May 19, 2024 3:49 PM

4 replies

May 23, 2024 9:11 AM in response to Daniel Wasinger

Preview is more than adequate for annotations and forms completion. If you need to edit an existing PDF though, you will need a full featured editor which Preview is not.

In any event Adobe Acrobat is not required to merely save or print a web page as a PDF document — your original question.

Nor for that matter is it required to download a PDF. Many websites allege the need to download and install Adobe Acrobat for those purposes, but it just isn't so.

If something is crashing the first thing I'd do is uninstall it, for no other reason than to determine if it's the cause or not.

May 23, 2024 8:52 AM in response to John Galt

Thanks for your comment, John. Do you use another PDF product? I find it useful when I need to complete forms for medical purposes and other similar scenarios. From a designer's standpoint, I like to use it to compile a group of layouts and ideas for clients (i.e. brochure, ad, and signage mockups).

I spoke with Adobe and they weren't sure why this is happening. I was thinking that uninstalling it and reinstalling might resolve the issue, but I forgot to ask them about that.

Adobe Acrobat crashes when trying to print a webpage as a PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.