Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

macOS Catalina. Download numbers?

a friend has moved OS and given us an old 15 inch MacBook Pro, Mid 2012 running Catalina Version 10.15.7. It is basically in mint condition. Doing what I thought was the right thing by our friend, I did a complete factory reset, wiping all old files etc. unfortunately it also wiped numbers and pages. Is there anyway of downloading (even buying) a version of numbers for this laptop?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 19, 2024 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2024 9:37 PM

That's a VERY old computer, in computer terms.

You can try looking for Numbers on the Mac App Store, and see if the store offers you a compatible version for your OS.

That old a machine seems unlikely to be able to support a more recent macOS needed for recent versions of Numbers, which has changed a lot in the last decade.

To have a decent experience with Numbers (and many other apps) I think you are going to want to consider a more recent machine.

SG

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2024 9:37 PM in response to Graeme@intereps

That's a VERY old computer, in computer terms.

You can try looking for Numbers on the Mac App Store, and see if the store offers you a compatible version for your OS.

That old a machine seems unlikely to be able to support a more recent macOS needed for recent versions of Numbers, which has changed a lot in the last decade.

To have a decent experience with Numbers (and many other apps) I think you are going to want to consider a more recent machine.

SG

macOS Catalina. Download numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.