Safari on Macbook and iphone not enabling NatWest Mastercard ID check

Whenever I use Safari to complete a purchase on my Macbook or iPhone and a NatWest Mastercard ID check is needed, the pop-up window does not load.

I have enabled pop-ups for the websites concerned, I have unchecked the block content box.... but still it does not work.

I have to make purchases on my Macbook and iPhone using a Chrome browser as a result. Seems nuts 🥜

Does anyone else have this issue or worked out how on earth to make Safari work?

Safari Version 17.5 (19618.2.12.11.6)

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.5

Posted on May 20, 2024 9:37 AM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2024 3:55 PM in response to Stubbsy747

I am having the same (or a very similar) issue with Mastercard ID check with Santander. I get a notification from the Santander app that an authentication request has been made but I cannot confirm on the online store as there is no pop-up box.

It previously worked fine and it is only during the last couple of weeks that I noticed issues (current date June 1st 2024).

I also tried disabling all extensions and pop-up blockers in safari but this did not help. However, it works fine with another browser (Firefox).

I am using an iPhone 12, iOS 17.5.1.

Safari on Macbook and iphone not enabling NatWest Mastercard ID check

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.