How can I configure MacBook to save my work when put to sleep instead of using battery?

It happens every time. I lose all my work. How can I configure it so it saves my work and goes to sleep instead of just running out of battery and losing everything?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 20, 2024 10:21 AM

2 replies

May 22, 2024 12:02 AM in response to alexfromaltadena

"How can I configure MacBook to save my work when put to sleep instead of using battery?: It happens every time. I lose all my work. How can I configure it so it saves my work and goes to sleep instead of just running out of battery and losing everything?"

-------

Saving Work when Put to Sleep:

You Can't. This is not a feature of the macOS. So, recommend to Apple that they make it such. In-depth...

Recommend this to Apple:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your feedback of this issue. Include how you’ve troubleshot this, and your results. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive from its users, the more likely they will know what suits their customer prefer, and what to include in macOS versions to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Applications/Utilities"
  3. Select: "User Interface" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Comment: that you want this option and why. Include the URL of this thread.
  5. Proceed from there as necessary

How can I configure MacBook to save my work when put to sleep instead of using battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.