Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Older Mac Pro Final Cut Pro .... Now Constant Drop Down Message

Hello

I'm about a month away from a new Apple Studio Pro high end configuration. In the meantime, on a high end for its time Mac Pro circa 2011 with 48gb RAM 3.46GHz, 6 core Intel .... all of a sudden I have this almost constant settings drop down repetitively, nearly every time I move my curser anywhere near the story line. They have long ago been entered for the current project. I hit OK and rinse and repeat. Anyone have any ideas how I can make it STOP!!! Please? Almost impossible to work now.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 20, 2024 1:42 PM

11 replies

May 20, 2024 3:45 PM in response to ronfab1

Very strange. In addition to Tom's questions, have you modified the keyboard shortcut settings so that's now somehow triggering the storage locations dialog?

Try resetting your FCP Preferences. Hold option and command while launching FCP and choose Delete Preferences... It will open the default Untitled library. Reopen the library you were working on and see if the problem is resolved. Be sure to set the preferences back to the way you like (disable Background rendering, etc.)

May 21, 2024 11:10 AM in response to ronfab1

Regarding background rendering, unless your timeline won't play in real-time, disable background rendering. Enabling this setting creates very large files every time you make a change. If there's a section of the timeline that won't playback in real-time, select the clip or clips to render, then choose Modify > Render Selection or press Control-R.

May 21, 2024 3:47 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom. OK no, FCP did not have full disc access so I added it and re-locked the settings. But LOL every time I open it it is still doing this quick little message comes up I delete, and it comes up again with any cursor movement, delete .... and then it is good. Far as I can tell. Moving the cursor all over including story line.

Older Mac Pro Final Cut Pro .... Now Constant Drop Down Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.