Gifted I pod 5th Gen

Ok Going back say about 4 years ago I was gifted a iPod 5th Gen. The person that gave it to me was a friend of the family. The IPod belonged to his Neice who died in her sleep unexpectedly. I have reset the IPod , but it still has activation lock with her email and password. I can't get that information for I have no communication with the person that gave it to me and his niece is dead. So how can I get the activation lock removed without that information? There is no information of hers on it , but the lock only. Please help.

Posted on May 20, 2024 2:17 PM

2 replies

May 20, 2024 3:25 PM in response to 33Vallee

33Vallee wrote:

Ok Going back say about 4 years ago I was gifted a iPod 5th Gen. The person that gave it to me was a friend of the family. The IPod belonged to his Neice who died in her sleep unexpectedly. I have reset the IPod , but it still has activation lock with her email and password. I can't get that information for I have no communication with the person that gave it to me and his niece is dead. So how can I get the activation lock removed without that information? There is no information of hers on it , but the lock only. Please help.

Sorry the ipod is useless without the original owners information. Recycle it.

Gifted I pod 5th Gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.