What is the best place to find a download for High Sierra ?

I want to know where the best place to find a download for high sierra. And able to download it to a thumb drive. I purchased a new computer and my old computer I wanna go back to high sierra so I can use my photo shop

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 20, 2024 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2024 5:51 AM

Which iMac model are you using? I ask because you posted this in the `iMac (PPC)` forum, and HS will only run on iMacs produced between Late 2009 and Late 2017, the last PPC Mac was produced in 2005.

If your Mac is one of those versions and you have access to the App Store, you can download the High Sierra installer from here. You will also need a 32GB (or larger) USB flash drive, that you have *already deleted all the files from*

You can then follow the instructions here: Create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support (UK) to copy the High Sierra files to the flash drive and then install the version of the system. Please note, if you're running a newer version of macOS on the system already, you will need to restore the Mac to factory settings (removing all documents, applications, settings, etc).

Alternatively, you can use Internet Recovery to download the version of macOS came with the Mac from the factory. To do this, power off the Mac, hold Option+Shift+Cmd+R, power on the computer while continuing to hold the keys until you see a spinning globe icon on the screen.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2024 5:51 AM in response to Maggieprice13

Which iMac model are you using? I ask because you posted this in the `iMac (PPC)` forum, and HS will only run on iMacs produced between Late 2009 and Late 2017, the last PPC Mac was produced in 2005.

If your Mac is one of those versions and you have access to the App Store, you can download the High Sierra installer from here. You will also need a 32GB (or larger) USB flash drive, that you have *already deleted all the files from*

You can then follow the instructions here: Create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support (UK) to copy the High Sierra files to the flash drive and then install the version of the system. Please note, if you're running a newer version of macOS on the system already, you will need to restore the Mac to factory settings (removing all documents, applications, settings, etc).

Alternatively, you can use Internet Recovery to download the version of macOS came with the Mac from the factory. To do this, power off the Mac, hold Option+Shift+Cmd+R, power on the computer while continuing to hold the keys until you see a spinning globe icon on the screen.

What is the best place to find a download for High Sierra ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.