MFI - Pairing Cochlear Nucleus 8 & Resound E Q hearing devices to MFI on iPhone 15 Plus...iOS 17.5.1

Pairing Cochlear Nucleus 8 & Resound E Q (DWT EQ 598) hearing devices, Open the MFI - turn on both aids at the same time or independently - they will alternate for pairing. - paired - BUT they will not pair together -GO 3 clicks on the side button - Hearing devices - MFI - only (L) one will show up. In order to get the (R) to show, I have to switch the aid off then on, that will knock out the (L) to install the (R) in the MFI and the App’s. Yes I use ( FORGET this device ) in order to get a pairing if need be.

I then have to reset the App’s for which ever one that isn’t in the MFI in order to use the TV Streamer or Micro-Multi Mike..

Sometime Resound Smart 3D will not recognise the aid even though it say it does.

When the aids are inserted first thing, morning, the Resound will show connected, But I will have to pair the Nucleus 8 or vice versa

YES - the Bluetooth is off on my iPad.

Phone calls will come to both (L) & (R) even when the App’s are not connected correctly. that a blessing.

No problem with my iPhone XR.

Photo how it should be

Photo How it is.

I can only get 1 of 2 Device to stay paired instead of 2

Any input would be much appreciated.

iPhone 15 Plus

Posted on May 21, 2024 12:36 AM

4 replies

Jun 2, 2024 2:11 PM in response to DawnJulio59

The end results and fix, was to go to my Audiologist and had my Hearing aid reset and paired with the MFI on the iPhone 15 Plus, the Apps for my hearing aids now work perfectly. Auto connect when the aids are turn on.

I had upgraded from the iPhone XR to the 15 Plus. The aids was still looking for my XR. You need to reset the aids.

Thanks to the apple engineers who spend the time with me to help understand the issue.

MFI - Pairing Cochlear Nucleus 8 & Resound E Q hearing devices to MFI on iPhone 15 Plus...iOS 17.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.