Pages and curved lines

Why has Pages not fixed the problem of being able to move a curved line with text. I often use a curved line with a diagram and group them. Once grouped I can no longer move diagram with text. Inserting a curved line seems like a useless feature.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 21, 2024 6:18 AM

5 replies

May 21, 2024 6:34 AM in response to R4se

We cannot answer "why" questions about product implementation features as we are fellow users, have no access to the internal Pages product team decision process, and that product team does not participate in these public communities to read and/or reply to your post.

When you mention a curved line with text, do you mean the ability to place text on a path where in the following example the actual curved line is hidden?

May 21, 2024 11:38 AM in response to R4se

If I insert a curved line into my document the choice of “move with text” is not an option. And if I group this curved line with a diagram, my diagram now no longer has the choice of “move with text”, which completely messes with my page layout in my file when I make edits to the file.

Pages and curved lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.