Posted on May 21, 2024 6:24 AM

3 replies

May 22, 2024 12:08 AM in response to cbrew

cbrew Said:

"Can I connect the MacBook to a TV"

-------

Connecting a MaBoot to a TV:

A. What's the Ports?

Hardwired Connections: That depends on the ports. on each device. So, what ports are on your Mac? What ports are on your Monitor?

B. AirPlay on a Smart TV:

Wireless Connections: For a smart TV, you an use AirPlay to stream to it. Go here: Use AirPlay to Stream what’s On your Mac to an HDTV - Apple Support

May 22, 2024 10:18 PM in response to cbrew

Your tag line indicates that you have a 13" MacBook Air.

I believe that

• The original MacBook Air has a micro-DVI port, which does not support 4K resolution.
  • Other MacBook Airs introduced before 2018 offer Mini DisplayPort output, but not necessarily 4K resolution.
  • MacBook Airs recent enough to have USB-C ports offer USB-C (DisplayPort) output, and support 4K resolution.

The highest-quality way to connect to a HDTV or UHDTV would be with a (whatever) to HDMI adapter or adapter cable. AirPlay may also be an option, if the TV is AirPlay-compatible or is connected to an AirPlay-compatible set-top box or streaming stick.

Presumably a 4K TV will be willing to display a 1080p signal if the Mac or the adapter is incapable of supporting 4K.

Can I connect the MacBook to a TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.