Numbers formula

i use numbers on my iPad (no keypad) as a softball spreadsheet scorebook for my kids team. so the rows get long for 7 innings plus a stats page. We play 2 games a night so I put the 2nd game under the first one. I freeze the players names so I can slide the cells close to the names and use alternating rolls, but, is there a way to click on the players name and it highlight that row until I click on the next players name, then it returns to normal and the next players name and row lights up? Kind of like a light switch.

Thank you

Posted on May 21, 2024 6:47 AM

1 reply

May 23, 2024 1:32 AM in response to rlamma

Hi rlamma,

rlamma wrote:

? Kind of like a light switch. 

Numbers does not have a "Radio Button" format that switches between selected cells with one tap.

But yes, Numbers has a Tick Box format that behaves as an On/Off light switch. That requires one tap to choose a cell ("On"), another tap to "unchoose" ("Off") then one more tap on another Tick Box to choose that cell.

Example with a simplified table:

Extra column E with Tick Boxes

Extra column W with this formula: IF(E2,"~","")

Fill down.

Now the Conditional Highlighting. Select all the cells that you want to follow the Conditional Highlighting rule.

Next, turn off Joe's Light Switch and turn on Chuck's Light Switch:

Kudos to Badunit for the "Text does not end with" solution to this often-asked question.

Regards,

Ian.

Numbers formula

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.