Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

iOS17.5 iCloud Sync settings - turned on (again) ?

Has anyone else had this problem - I keep iCloud turned off from my Phone, however after updating it to iOS 17.5.1, the iCloud backup for photos is turned on-again ! I really wish to not use iCloud or any other Cloud storage device - why does this keep happening ? And how can I stop it permanently ?

When photos are moved over to iCloud - it's really hard to get them back onto the PC again... impossible infact - since the Sync mechanism is beyond comprehension... with an Apple Mac mini - it's sort of understandable, though very buggy.. which is why I really dislike iTunes & iCloud. I really do not like my Privacy being invaded by enabling features I had explicitly turned off. Has anyone else experienced settings changing when updating iOS versions ?

iPhone XR

Posted on May 21, 2024 7:37 AM

2 replies

iOS17.5 iCloud Sync settings - turned on (again) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.