Can no longer import CDs via my Superdrive into Apple Music - error message "The required file cannot be found"

I haven't imported any music on CD int my apple music for a while. Used to be a very simple process using my Apple Superdrive, but today I got this error message repeatedly. Tried with several discs to no avail. Any ideas what's wrong?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 21, 2024 9:02 AM

3 replies

May 23, 2024 3:26 PM in response to BalearicMike

Thank you for your reply and added info., BalearicMike.

You might want to check the import settings currently in use.

Choose import settings in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Also: seems the files are showing up all with all tracks using the name of the album, instead of each individual track showing a song name. This may be why they are not importing ...

An option:

Try double-clicking the CD icon on the desktop, you will likely see the files have separate filenames in the folder that opens. From there you can select all the files and drag them to the desktop (or into a folder you create on the desktop) if you want.

May 22, 2024 5:23 PM in response to BalearicMike

Re: Can no longer import CDs via my Superdrive into Apple Music

Seems the SuperDrive must be connected directly to the Mac, not through a hub.

Eg: MacBook Pro models with USB-C ports require a USB-C to USB adapter (sold separately) to use Apple USB

SuperDrive.

or

The SuperDrive may need the settings changed for the different functions it can perform.

Eg It may be set up to play DVD's, not import CD's.

Note:

We need to take great care with these settings, because it seems you can only change these settings a few times.

You may want to check the instructions that came with SuperDrive.

Can no longer import CDs via my Superdrive into Apple Music - error message "The required file cannot be found"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.