How do you delete from Preview?

I have tried View>Contact Sheet and the only thing that shows is whatever I was working on, no others. I click on that and then the Delete key or from the menu and nothing happens.

MacBook Air, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 21, 2024 10:08 AM

2 replies

May 21, 2024 5:42 PM in response to abovdal

Are you trying to delete a page from a PDF? Is the document locked? Select the document in Finder and click command-i, or go to the File menu and choose Get Info. Near the top of the window that opens there should be a checkbox for Locked. If someone else locked it, you can't undo that without a password. If it's not locked, scroll down to the bottom (you may want to close the Preview section: click on the little > symbol) and look for Permissions, to see if you have write access (Read & Write) or Read Only. Normally, if it's your computer, you should have read and write privilege, unless the file was locked when you received it. If you are on a company computer, i.e., you are not the administrator, you'll probably have to check with IT or whoever created the document.

How do you delete from Preview?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.