Hi I've got a slight issue with the Netflix iOS App on Mac

Hi I've got a slight issue

I have this Mac…

2023 Mac Pro

Apple M2 Ultra with 24-core CPU, 60-core GPU, 32‑core Neural Engine

64GB unified memory

Main Mac Storage 8TB SSD

With Two Separate PCIe Cards Storage 24TB SSD for Movies & Video (24TB per PCIe Card, so 48TB in all)

I’m running macOS Sonoma - Version 14.5

I've got 3 iOS apps running on my fine so I figured I try the iOS Netflix app on my Mac, it installed and opened fine. However I noticed 2 odd things...

1) On the Netflix login screen It says "Netflix Film Awards"

and 2) Where you would enter your Netflix login Info it just says "Enter FYC Access Code" and it gives you the option to tick a box that keeps you logged in for 90 days. How do you get a FYC Access Code and what on earth is it anyway?

Mac Pro

Posted on May 21, 2024 2:23 PM

5 replies

May 21, 2024 2:39 PM in response to KainsTorment

Sounds like you downloaded the Netflix Film Awards App, which is a separate App to the regular Netflix app.

The FYC or "For Your Consideration" code is sent to active guild members to vote for their favorite Netflix series and films. Unless you are one of those, you cannot access the app at all.

The regular Netflix app for iPad / iPhone is not available for download on a Mac at this time.

May 22, 2024 2:45 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks guys...

This is one is one of the many things I wish Apple would do because on the UK Apple TV store they dont sell most of the thing I like on Netflix and I buy and download everything on to my 48TB SSD because i hate streaming as Netflix or any of the others get rid of content.

I'd do anything to be able to download Netflix content or buy it... Stranger Things and all sorts... I buy one or two or three seasons of something on the UK Apple TV store then they dont add the rest (sometimes it comes 15 years later)... Also I used to pay for on Apple TV+ which I have absolutely no problem in paying and I loved it, however even if you kept paying for Apple TV+ they always removed downloaded content at the end of every month which drove me nuts as I have poor internet. I really wish Apple would let you buy Apple TV+ content after a few years which would actually be a win win for Apple.

Hi I've got a slight issue with the Netflix iOS App on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.