Why does MacBook keep showing Apple Symbol without login screen?

I only see the Apple Symbol No Login Screen on my MacBook I Cannot Get To Any Login Screen Or Able To Reset Login Password the only key that works is the power key it shut the MacBook down and back on again only to see the Apple Symbol

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14

Posted on May 21, 2024 7:51 PM

1 reply

May 21, 2024 8:15 PM in response to SquiggyP1956

SquiggyP1956 Said:

"No Login Only Apple Symbol: I only see the Apple Symbol No Login Screen on my MacBook I Cannot Get To Any Login Screen Or Able To Reset Login Password the only key that works is the power key it shut the MacBook down and back on again only to see the Apple Symbol"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac with an Apple Logo a Boot:

A. Tried this Link?: If your Mac Starts Up to an Apple Logo or Progress Bar - Apple Support

B. Reset the SMC and your NVRAMSometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for keys) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets. (Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only).

Why does MacBook keep showing Apple Symbol without login screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.