Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Dual Sim iMessages not coming through

My work was starting to overtake my personal life, so I purchased an additional line from AT&T and set up a “business” line on my iPhone 15 Pro Max using the Dual Sim. The idea was that I can turn off the business line during non-business hours. Pretty standard concept I wanted two separate phone numbers operating on the same phone. It has been great, except I recently learned that text messages sent to the business line when it was turned off do not come through when I turned the line back on. Lots of searching makes it seem like this has been a known problem for years, but I can’t find a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 22, 2024 4:27 AM

1 reply

May 22, 2024 4:30 AM in response to Putiri

Hi there, make sure that iMessage is set up correctly

Settings > Messages >Send & Receive : Here, make sure that both of your numbers have a check mark indicating that iMessages is successfully setup as shown below.

If this is the case and you want your feedback on thsi issue to reach apple, please use this form

Product Feedback - Apple

That way they can look in to this issue, on this mainly user to user forums apple does not actively participate

Dual Sim iMessages not coming through

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.