Iphone has restarted itself and is now reported as lost / stolen. icloud wont let me switch it back on

so it just restarted itself and went into lost / stolen mode

gone into my icloud to mark as not lost but my icloud says this device has been removed

tried to resign into phone using my ipad next to it but comes up "problem with this phone - reported lost / stolen.

Posted on May 22, 2024 4:30 AM

8 replies

May 22, 2024 4:32 AM in response to ReneMallett

Your iPhone is reported lost or stolen by itself?

Was it a new iPhone or have you bought it second hand? If you bought it second hand the chances are that the previous owner has put it in to lost mode.

If your iPhone miraculously did this by itself try this to turn off the lost mode

1. In Find Devices on iCloud.com, select the device in the All Devices list on the left.
  2. Click Lost Mode, click Stop Lost Mode, then click Stop Lost Mode again.
  3. You can also turn off Lost Mode by entering your passcode on the device. If you turned on Stolen Device Protection on your iPhone, you may need to use Face ID or Touch ID.

Iphone has restarted itself and is now reported as lost / stolen. icloud wont let me switch it back on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.