Is the battery life on my iPad good?

For several months I have had short battery time on my iPad, then from 100% to 15% in 5 hours usually and have to charge it twice a day. A day is 24 hours, so the battery runs out 🪫 four times a day, I would guess. But what is a good battery time on an iPad? 12 hours?

I usually charge the battery at 20% but don't know why the battery life is so bad. Tried charging at 30% but nothing works. Charged at 7 in the evening and a few hours later the battery is at 27%

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 22, 2024 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2024 7:46 AM

The screenshot graphic indicates that the iPad battery was charged to 94% when you stopped charging at approximately 2000hrs (actually 19:38 indicated in the text). Around 0100hrs, after the iPad was in use for about 4 hours 40 minutes, the battery charge had decreased to 27%.

As such, the battery charge was depleted by roughly 67% (94-27=67) in 4'40" (i.e., 4.66hr) - which equates to about 14.3% battery utilisation per hour. Depending upon the CPU utilisation and screen brightness, 10-15% battery depletion per hour is about as might be expected for a healthy battery.

In summary, on the basis of information that can be derived from the screenshot alone, your iPad battery performance appears to entirely as might be reasonably anticipated.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2024 7:46 AM in response to nowprovided

The screenshot graphic indicates that the iPad battery was charged to 94% when you stopped charging at approximately 2000hrs (actually 19:38 indicated in the text). Around 0100hrs, after the iPad was in use for about 4 hours 40 minutes, the battery charge had decreased to 27%.

As such, the battery charge was depleted by roughly 67% (94-27=67) in 4'40" (i.e., 4.66hr) - which equates to about 14.3% battery utilisation per hour. Depending upon the CPU utilisation and screen brightness, 10-15% battery depletion per hour is about as might be expected for a healthy battery.

In summary, on the basis of information that can be derived from the screenshot alone, your iPad battery performance appears to entirely as might be reasonably anticipated.

May 22, 2024 6:23 AM in response to nowprovided

So, are you saying that you are actively using your iPad for 24 hours every day? The charging graph doesn't seem to indicate that. In fact, the graph seems to indicate the charge lasted close to 10 hours. Depending on what you're doing, that seems reasonable.

It doesn't matter at what point you charge your battery. It could be at 10% or 50% or 80%. Charge it when you have the opportunity to do so. The only thing to avoid is draining it completely and leaving it that way. Also, you can use the iPad while it's charging.

Is the battery life on my iPad good?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.