Back Camera Not Working

I open the camera app and it doesn't work, I try to take photo but it just shows a black screen. I can’t take pictures, videos, etc with the back camera; however, the front camera works perfectly... And that is for third party apps too (Messages nor Instagram), the back camera won't work but the front will. I have not dropped it, always have had a case on it and have not damaged the camera. Today while filling something out online it asked me to take a picture, I allowed access to the camera and all of a sudden my back camera started working; however, when I went to camera app or messages it no longer works. How do I fix this?

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on May 22, 2024 9:35 AM

1 reply

May 22, 2024 10:52 AM in response to deztanie

deztanie wrote:

I open the camera app and it doesn't work, I try to take photo but it just shows a black screen. I can’t take pictures, videos, etc with the back camera; however, the front camera works perfectly... And that is for third party apps too (Messages nor Instagram), the back camera won't work but the front will. I have not dropped it, always have had a case on it and have not damaged the camera. Today while filling something out online it asked me to take a picture, I allowed access to the camera and all of a sudden my back camera started working; however, when I went to camera app or messages it no longer works. How do I fix this?

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

Back Camera Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.