Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Child locked and changed my passcode

My son has managed to change my parental passcode on his ipad and doesn't know what it is so I can't log into the screen controls or reset it. How do I overcome this?

Thanks

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 17

Posted on May 22, 2024 11:22 AM

2 replies

May 22, 2024 12:10 PM in response to Lynseymart

It is likely that the device will need to be completely erased and you will not be able to restore from a backup as that will only bring the passcode back. When setting the Screen Time passcode you are given the option to use an Apple ID/Password in case you forget this passcode. If that step is skipped, you are warned one last time that using the Apple ID is the only way to reset the screen time passcode in case it was forgotten. I assume your son did not abide by this warning. If you are unable to reset the passcode, it is recommended to contact Apple directly.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Child locked and changed my passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.