Using side car on iPad Air in 2024

I'm attempting to connect my MacBook (16-inch, 2021) to my iPad Air 4th gen running 17.5 using Sidecar wirelessly.

I have not been able to connect since the Sonoma update. My MacBook is running 14.4.1.

Troubleshooting steps I have tried include enabling Wi-Fi on all my devices, ensuring I'm logged into iCloud on both devices, enabling Bluetooth, and ensuring that the hotspot is not active (I don't have an active line on my device). I've tried pretty much every troubleshooting step I've seen on various forums. However, I continue to encounter the notification below.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 22, 2024 12:46 PM

1 reply

May 22, 2024 1:49 PM in response to DevonTheGOåT

Try and update the MacBook to 14.5 first to see if the issues persist

If they persist, please boot in the safe mode to see if the issues are caused by an external piece of software

Start up your Mac with Apple silicon in safe mode

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.
  2. Wait for your Mac to shut down completely. A Mac is completely shut down when the screen is black and any lights (including in the Touch Bar) are off.
  3. Press and hold the power button on your Mac until “Loading startup options” appears.
  4. Select a volume.
  5. Press and hold the Shift key, then click Continue in Safe Mode.
  6. The computer restarts automatically. When the login window appears, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

Using side car on iPad Air in 2024

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.