iPhone and bluetooth cordless phones

I got a VTech VS112-27 DECT 6.0 Bluetooth system to work with my iphone SE 2nd gen and am having issues. I tried searching but am still not either understanding it's limitations or that I may need an additional component. I'm also new to having a cell phone, so that may be a factor. So, my first question is; does the iphone auto detect the pairing (of the VTech phone) if I go out of the house and then return? It seems I get disconnects and am not sure that's normal or not. If I have to reconnect every time I leave and return, odds are I won't be using the bluetooth phones. Second question; I can't get decent range on one of my two cordless handsets as I suspect I have it too far from the source (the iphone). I was told to get a bluetooth range extender; now, wouldn't that mean attaching the extender TO the phone to get more range? Is there such a beast?

I'd like to set up what I used to have (a dedicated landline) with remotes in both ends of the house AS WELL AS have a mobile phone for on the road, and one phone number. I'd hoped the bluetooth phones coupled with the iphone would do the job but so far, no joy. Can anyone help either educate me or help with my setup? I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on May 22, 2024 1:46 PM

7 replies

May 22, 2024 3:09 PM in response to MichaelBrokensword

MichaelBrokensword wrote:

I got a VTech VS112-27 DECT 6.0 Bluetooth system to work with my iphone SE 2nd gen and am having issues. I tried searching but am still not either understanding it's limitations or that I may need an additional component. I'm also new to having a cell phone, so that may be a factor. So, my first question is; does the iphone auto detect the pairing (of the VTech phone) if I go out of the house and then return? It seems I get disconnects and am not sure that's normal or not. If I have to reconnect every time I leave and return, odds are I won't be using the bluetooth phones. Second question; I can't get decent range on one of my two cordless handsets as I suspect I have it too far from the source (the iphone). I was told to get a bluetooth range extender; now, wouldn't that mean attaching the extender TO the phone to get more range? Is there such a beast?
I'd like to set up what I used to have (a dedicated landline) with remotes in both ends of the house AS WELL AS have a mobile phone for on the road, and one phone number. I'd hoped the bluetooth phones coupled with the iphone would do the job but so far, no joy. Can anyone help either educate me or help with my setup? I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

click here https://www.vtechphones.com/support/technical-support

May 22, 2024 3:32 PM in response to MichaelBrokensword

AFAIK, portable phone systems, like this V Tech, cannot "pair" with an iPhone ... except to transfer contact data. The V Tech relies on a dedicated landline or DSL service in order to make or receive calls. I don't think it can connect directly to an iPhone's HotSpot. Then again, things may have changes since I last used a portable phone system.

Most of your questions should be answered by V Tech Support (as razmee209 has already suggested.)

May 22, 2024 4:09 PM in response to MichaelBrokensword

Well, the V Tech user guide does indicate that the portable phone has a several hundred feet range from the base through walls ... but it would depend on the construction material used in those walls. However the iPhone's Bluetooth range may be far less than that.

Maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find any reference in the user guide on how you would go about pairing an iPhone to this system. I would assume that it would be similar to how you would pair any Bluetooth device. My thought is that you would pair the iPhone to the V Tech, not the other way around.

iPhone and bluetooth cordless phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.