iPod Shuffle shows in Apple Devices app, but not iTunes

Just as the title says. I've made sure that iTunes is up-to-date, however my computer does not have the 'Apple Mobile Device Driver' under it's USB drivers. Before and after installing the Apple Devices application, the iPod's light blinks orange, indicating that it is syncing with the computer, but does not show in iTunes.

In Apple Devices, it gives me an option to 'Get Apple Music', but I want to keep iTunes as I continue to go through my CDs so I can import them.

Is there any way to get iTunes to recognize the iPod and manage it?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 22, 2024 3:23 PM

2 replies

May 22, 2024 4:13 PM in response to Dakooota

After you download the Apple Music app, Apple TV app, and Apple Devices app, you won't see any of your music or video content in iTunes. And you can't use iTunes to manually sync and manage your iPhone or iPad. You can use iTunes to access only your podcasts and audiobooks.

All your music will be in the Apple Music app.

For more informations: Download iTunes for Windows - Apple Support.

May 22, 2024 6:32 PM in response to Dakooota

So, with the current versions of the applications, you can only modify what is on iPods in Apple Devices, and it requires the Apple Music application to access your pre-existing library.

Luckily, Apple still provides older versions of the iTunes software here: iTunes for Windows Manuals and Downloads - Apple Support , and any of the 12.x.x versions will work and read iPods. Updating to the newer versions of iTunes removes that functionality.

Putting this up here in case anyone else comes across the same issue I was and wants to stick with iTunes

iPod Shuffle shows in Apple Devices app, but not iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.