Why doesn’t Apple Care+ page have a “broken my phone” button?

I tried to report my phone had been dropped on a pavement. Shattered back exposing inside the phone, but still working. So I pressed “claim” to tell apple Care+ (as really hard to find a British phone number to call!).

The problem is you have to tick a box giving them permission to manage my phone, so I did. But the next page started to ask questions about losing it. So I pressed back and back to go back to the first page, as it wasn’t what I needed.

To my HORROR, just as I was uploading photos for work, my phone suddenly said my wallet had been cleared, then sudden it started closing down!!! I’m devastated. I’m freelance and need the photos from last night for work, as I went to a corporate event. My battery was getting low so the photos didn’t upload to iCloud!! We don’t have a landline so I then had to find an old phone and swap the SIM card so it would work. I am worried sick that I have lost everything for good as my iCloud account says it’s been erased!

Has anyone else experienced this and can Apple help me please? 🙏🏻 #Apple #AIG #helpme

Posted on May 22, 2024 3:44 PM

2 replies

May 22, 2024 4:20 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

That’s all very well, Lawrence, but what’s going to happen? I called AIG and they have cancelled the claim, within 2 hours of cancelling my phone, but after I called Apple, I found out they won’t replace the phone until they have turned it back on, but what I’m really worried about is all the photos I took yesterday. I love Apple products, and I have to say, if my phone was ever stolen the system is incredibly efficient but it was too efficient in this scenario. How long is it going to take to reinstate my phone? 😔

Why doesn’t Apple Care+ page have a “broken my phone” button?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.