How do I stop someone from remotely accessing my iPhone?

Someone on my Tmobile account is accessing my Iphone 13 text messages but Tmobile has verified that they are not doing it through the TMobile app. .

I have also changed my icloud password; yet this person can still see my text messages, they can also spoof calls using my number, and they apparently can listen to my calls. Any idea how this can happen? They also have an ipad on my account.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on May 22, 2024 3:46 PM

3 replies

May 22, 2024 6:55 PM in response to BobH21

Verify there are no other devices connected to your Apple account by going to Settings > [name on top], and scroll to the bottom of the screen to view the devices signed into your account. If you see devices there that should not be there, you can remove them.

You can also run Safety Check to make sure you are not sharing information that you are not intending to share. This is also a good place to change you Apple ID Password and Passcode on your device.

How Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe - Apple Support

If all that checks out, you may want to consider that this person is not actually capable of doing what they are claiming.

May 22, 2024 7:33 PM in response to BobH21

Provide listeners with some spectacularly juicy gossip*, and see your nemesis finds and reports it.

Ensure the trusted telephone number is secure, and the carrier PIN and device passcode are robust.

And yes, this would be far from the first time somebody lied about having access, too. (Hence juicy gossip.)

*gossip doesn’t need to be true. Works best when provably not true, or when harmless to you.

How do I stop someone from remotely accessing my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.