Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

is it normal if battery health drops to 99 in 5 months

my battery health drops to 99 after almost 5 months,and i wanna know if it is normal and how to keep it 99 as long as possible.

iPhone 13

Posted on May 22, 2024 3:59 PM

4 replies

May 22, 2024 4:11 PM in response to youmnaa1

Wow. That's amazing. Battery Health normally drops on average at about 1% a month, so after 5 months, you would expect the battery reading to be in the 94-96 range.

You might want to send flowers to Apple for your good luck.

But, averages are averages over time. Some months, the battery will not decline at all, then it might drop 2-3% the next month.

So, after 12 months, your battery will likely be in the 88-90% range. This is normal and expected. My phone is 12 months old. The battery is at 89%.

If you can get 2 years out of the battery, you will be doing very well.

May 22, 2024 5:12 PM in response to youmnaa1

I can only speak for myself and the 3 iPhones here. My answer is based on 15 years experience on these support boards.

If other users comment to this thread, I think you will see the 1% loss on average per month confirmed, so you might want to make an appointment at the Apple Store or take the phone to an authorized Apple service shop.

They are going to tell you the same thing, but at least you will have other opinions.

I would be thrilled if my battery performance was anywhere near as good as yours. Good luck.

is it normal if battery health drops to 99 in 5 months

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.