will an ipad pro 11 inch m2 case fit an ipad pro 11 inch m4?

I’m trying to find a case for my new iPad Pro 11 inch M4 and the case I planned on getting said it fit the M2 but not the M4 so I was wondering if there was an actual size difference or any difference that would effect the fit of the case or not? They’re both iPad Pros and 11 inches just a different chip.

iPad Pro (M4, 2024)

Posted on May 22, 2024 5:09 PM

3 replies

May 22, 2024 5:20 PM in response to Aly_00

The new 2024 models of iPad Pro and iPad Air all have slightly different physical dimensions to the outgoing models that they replace. As such, fitted cases designed for each will not fit any other iPad than the models for which they were explicitly designed.

Also consider that many cases and folio covers also include magnets - that are placed in very specific positions for the intended model iPad for which they were designed. Magnets may trigger specific functions, or may hold the iPad and case together. Incorrect magnet placement may cause issues.

In summary, many fitted cases are explicitly designed for an iPad model. Unless the case manufacturer explicitly states compatibility with an individual iPad model, you would be wise to assume that it is unsuitable.

will an ipad pro 11 inch m2 case fit an ipad pro 11 inch m4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.