Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Customised setting and apps were gone after update

I was updating the iTunes via my pc then my iPhone prompted me to response to a series of steps to “complete” the updating process. However, my iPhone screen turned black for a few seconds and shown a cable towards the phone figure. Another few seconds later it strangely prompted me to do the steps which exactly the same as setting up my iPhone when I newly bought it on the first day. No other ways to exit out this process or skip, my phone was liked being locked and unable to go back to my customised Home Screen, despite I tried a couple of times to off and restart the phone. No choice, I just had to complete that setting up process. What “freaking me up” was that after the set up was completed, I previous Home Screen, stored apps, WhatsApp, Telegram and Teams messages and history, as well as the entire music library in the phone were wiped out entirely… I tried to recover them but was unable to do so… For instance, my WhatsApp did regularly backup but strangely all the history were disappeared.

How do I restore / recover my previous Home Screen setting, stored apps, all the WhatsApp chat history, Telegram, Teams and music library?

Was it likely a hacking?

I remembered that I did not click on any button or asked to reset the phone or iTunes during the updating.

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on May 22, 2024 6:09 PM

There are no replies.

Customised setting and apps were gone after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.