Screen shows a black with a prohibitory circle. It was running macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6

Mac Pro mid 2010 M5,1. I have created various installers all the way down to El Capitan. Anything that I try goes directly to the black screen with prohibitory circle (BSWPC). At least I am able to see the installer, but as soon as I select I get the BSWPC. I've tried to start in recovery and same thing. I've replaced the graphics card and same thing. I've reset the NVRAM and I keep getting this problem. The machine has 2 X 3.06 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon. 64GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Memory. And SSD startup Disk. Radeon RX 580 8 GB Graphics.

Thanks!

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 22, 2024 7:56 PM

2 replies

May 28, 2024 9:17 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you @leroydouglas for your response. The problem is that it does not matter what I do I get the prohibitory circle. I can't bring recovery, or install mac OS from a bootable flash drive, or anything, the same prohibitory circle comes up again and again. Sometimes I'm able to see a screen like this... but as soon as I select any option I get the circle. Thanks

Screen shows a black with a prohibitory circle. It was running macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.