Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

I would love to have a new feature for the APple Watch Ultra 2

I have been using my Apple Watch Ultra for 1-2 months, and I love it. I like the design, the features and stability in recording data over my old Apple Watch.

But I do not like that the watch activates different features all the time. Due to my work I wear a shirt all day, and the sleeve activates the crown wheel constantly. I also activate other functions when I bend my wrist or do sports like fitness (lifting weights). When I am active, I started using the "dive function" other wise it will disrupt music and start the wrong activity all the time. And I can live with that. But in my daily work it is annoying that my sleeve activates the crown wheel.

My request: Lets have a voluntary feature you can activate. Press the wheel one or two times before you it activates or similar. That would make the watch much more stable, and I my hands would learn the new "push push turn" features very fast.

I have attached a picture so you can see the sleeve up against the wheel. Please do not suggest that I need to have a different shirt with bigger sleeves, that does not solve the problem. I am sure many business men / women have this problem.

Please comment - and suggestions are welcome.

Have a nice day.

BR Claus

Posted on May 22, 2024 11:31 PM

4 replies

May 23, 2024 6:27 AM in response to Rodestop

One approach is to change the watch band so the Digital Crown is pointing towards your elbow, and change the Settings-> General-> Orientation settings so the watch face is adjusted the way you prefer.

Another option is to engage the Water Lock, which disables all interface touch access until you hold the Digital Crown.

How to use Water Lock and eject water from your Apple Watch - Apple Support

I would love to have a new feature for the APple Watch Ultra 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.