Unable to slide documents and APPs from MacBook Air to external display

For some time I had been able to slide documents and APPs from my MacBook Air to the TV I was using as an external display. Then, for no apparent reason, I was unable to do it.

I'd searched here for a solution here, found the question, but no solution.

I have found a solution for my situation and wanted to share it, but that particular conversation was closed.

So, I've started this thread just to share my experience in case someone else is having the same issue.

Apparently, on the external display window, I had clicked on the green dot in the upper left-hand corner to "Enter Full Screen". In that mode, I cannot slide documents or APPs to the external monitor.

To revert back, I simply put the cursor somewhere in the external display screen and pressed the "esc" button on my keyboard. After doing that, I can again slide things from my MacBook Air over to the external display.

As you can see in this screenshot, on my TV as an external display, I have the Jango webpage, a Word Document to the left, and Facebook Messenger peeking out on the right. Obviously, I can rearrange and/or resize any of them on that display.

Hope this helps someone. Have a good day!

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on May 23, 2024 12:44 AM

There are no replies.

Unable to slide documents and APPs from MacBook Air to external display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.