How to remove others' location from Find My on my iPhone

Why when i turnt in my old phone, its showing me there location on find my iPhone what do i do to take it off my new phone ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on May 23, 2024 2:47 AM

2 replies

May 23, 2024 2:52 AM in response to shakajaha

• Multiple Devices: To share another device's location, you typically need to have more than one Apple device in your account. This could be an iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
  • Single Device: If you only have one Apple Device (iPhone iPad, Mac), then that's the only device associated with your Apple ID. In this case, there wouldn't be another device to choose from for location sharing of the device.

Choose which device to share your location from

You can share your location from a different device. For example, if you share your location from an iPad, you can share your location from an iPhone that you own instead.

1. On the iPhone or iPad that you want to share your location from, open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Find My.
  4. Tap Use this [device] as My Location.

Share your location with your family - Apple Support

May 23, 2024 2:52 AM in response to shakajaha

There are two scenarios: People and Devices under Find My

In the Find My app, there are distinct functionalities for tracking People and Devices. Under the People tab, the sharing of location is limited to a single device. If multiple individuals are using the same Apple ID, only one person's device location can be viewed at a time. This means that if you've shared your location with someone using the Find My app and they are also using the same Apple ID, you'll only be able to see the location of one of their devices under the People section.

Conversely, the Devices tab offers broader visibility. Irrespective of whether multiple devices are linked to the same Apple ID, all these devices' locations can be shared and viewed. This tab allows for comprehensive tracking and visibility of all devices associated with the Apple ID, enabling users to locate and monitor the whereabouts of various devices simultaneously.

Essentially, the distinction lies in the limitation of sharing a single person's device location under the People tab versus the broader accessibility to view all device locations under the Devices tab, regardless of the number of devices linked to the Apple ID.

Summary

1. Multiple Devices with the same Apple ID...
    1. The People Tab will show only one device
    2. The Device Tab will show all the devices
  2. Multiple Devices with multiple Apple IDs...
    1. The People tab will show all the devices except your own which is shown under the Me Tab
    2. The Device Tab will show all the devices (If they are part of your family)

The pic below is self-explanatory

How to remove others' location from Find My on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.