What could be causing the blank yellow screensaver on iMac M3 running Sonoma 14.5?

From earlier postings I see some have had problems with screensaver and Sonoma generally.

I have an iMac M3 and had a personal photo as wallpaper and the London River as screensaver running with no problem on Sonoma 14.1, 14.2, 14.3 & 14.4 but after update to 14.5 wallpaper is still fine but screensaver is a blank yellow screen. I have tried changing to the default 'Sonoma' screensaver but same result.

My wife has an iMac M2 and that does not switch to screensaver at all.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 24″

Posted on May 23, 2024 6:06 AM

2 replies

May 23, 2024 7:38 AM in response to TerryGarland

TerryGarland wrote:

From earlier postings I see some have had problems with screensaver and Sonoma generally.

I have an iMac M3 and had a personal photo as wallpaper and the London River as screensaver running with no problem on Sonoma 14.1, 14.2, 14.3 & 14.4 but after update to 14.5 wallpaper is still fine but screensaver is a blank yellow screen. I have tried changing to the default 'Sonoma' screensaver but same result.

My wife has an iMac M2 and that does not switch to screensaver at all.

try one of the default screen saver and compare your results...

you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

What could be causing the blank yellow screensaver on iMac M3 running Sonoma 14.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.