Date

I just copied in another users question below bc it’s relevant and the previous answer given missed the entire point of the question.

Out of all the bazillion useless “updates” am forced to have on my phone how about including a fixed date feature that is actually useful at a glance-period. No swiping no click and click again..

“How can I add the date to my home screen without the use of a widget, swiping, or app? I simply want it on my home screen next to the time in the status bar or somewhere glued to the home screen. I hate to have to look for the calendar app and I don’t want to have that be my way of seeing the date on the home scree. I don’t want to swipe for a widget or any extra step. I simply want the date displayed like the time in the status bar!”

Is this feature possible somewhere on iPhone?

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on May 23, 2024 7:47 AM

2 replies

May 23, 2024 8:05 AM in response to suzy251

I’m aware of no means to place the date in or near the status bar in a home acreen, ither than the widgets you;ve discounted.

Send Apple your feedback: Product Feedback - Apple

The date can be shown on the lock screen.

Here is how to: Create a custom iPhone Lock Screen - Apple Support

In earlier iOS versions, it was possible to duplicate apps. That would have allowed placing a Calendar app duplicate in the first position on each home screen. But Apple appears to have fixed the bug I was using to duplicate apps.

Date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.